IBM Storage Networking SAN24B-6 features enable to achieve:
- Meet the high-throughput, low-latency demands of critical applications with flash-ready performance
- Scale on demand from 8 to 24 ports to connect additional devices as needed
Utilize 4, 8, 16, or 32Gb/s speeds for increased performance on demand
Simplify deployment and reduce install time with a point-and-click user interface
- Discover and recover automatically from common networking problems
- Monitor and optimize the health and performance of individual VMs
- Simplify administration with Web Tools and resolve problems, increase uptime, and reduce costs using Fabric Vision technology
Data growth combined with the expectation of unlimited access anywhere, at any time, and on any device, is pushing storage environments to the limit. To meet these dynamic business demands, the network must evolve to improve speed, increase efficiency, and reduce costs.
This requires looking beyond legacy infrastructures that were not designed to support the performance requirements of evolving workloads and flash-based storage technology. Organizations need a new approach to storage networking to enable databases, virtual servers, desktops, and critical applications, and to unlock the capabilities of flash.
By treating the network as a strategic part of a storage environment, organizations can maximize their productivity and efficiency, even as they rapidly grow their environments.
SAN24B-6 storage switch with Gen 6 FC technology delivers simplified operations, flash-ready performance, always-on reliability to grow with your business, and a low cost of entry. IBM b-type Gen 6 FC is the purpose-built network infrastructure for mission-critical storage, delivering performance to accelerate data access, the ability to adapt to evolving requirements, and always-on data access.
Storage Expert Care Basic and Advanced options are available for SAN24B-6. These options enable to select the best level of service required to support your environment, with benefits ranging from base-level service to enhanced service designed to improve product resiliency, reliability, and reduce the operational costs associated with managing and maintaining increasingly complex and integrated IT environments.
Tier support includes:
- Hardware maintenance support
- Support line
- Predictive support
Storage Networking b-type SAN switch and director family supports FC connectivity for servers and storage. Storage Networking SAN24B-6 (8969-F24) supports all features and functions listed, and requires Fabric OS level 9.0.1c, or later.
Planned availability dates:
- June 3, 2022: All model and features except as follows
- June 14, 2022: Features B0N1, B0PK, and B0SK