These SSDs offer a high endurance available to industrial embedded OEMs with wide capacity range, and high throughput per watt rating. This has been accomplished by leveraging industrial-grade BiCS5 gTLC and the company’s developed firmware. This in-house firmware capability combined with a controller and other proprietary technology, allows for a 10+ year product availability spanning multiple future NAND flash gens.
StorFly XE class NVMe drives are compliant with industry standard JEDEC M.2 2242 and 2280 formats, supporting PCIe 3.0 and 4.0 interfaces and the NVMe 1.3 protocol. TCG Opal and data encryption with crypto erase are also supported. These SSDs increase endurance by up to 10x over standard 3D TLC, while offering the capacity range of 8GB to 640GB+. The drives also support an operating temperature range from -40ºC to +85ºC.
“Virtium StorFly XE class NVMe represents the new benchmark in industrial-grade NVMe with an unparalleled combination of endurance, power, performance, and longevity. Virtium supports the most required formats, capacities, and options that are well-suited to a variety of system designs and applications in multiple markets, including networking and telecom, industrial automation, transportation, healthcare, and rugged computing systems. These products are the industry first-to-market SSDs with true industrial-grade BiCS5 gTLC,” noted Duc Do, SVP, WW sales.
StorFly XE class M.2 NVMe SSDs are configurable and include vendor-specific commands to tune critical parameters including power and capacity, making them for a variety of applications ranging from essential functions such as system boot, to heavier writing, and highly random data workloads. The M.2 NVMe industrial SSDs also provide performance over the full SSD capacity and over the full -40ºC to +85ºC temperature range, meaning they won’t suffer the frequent and erratic performance drops often found in client and enterprise class SSDs. The small format of M.2 2242 (42mm length) is also optimized for low power (translating to highest throughput per watt), which is for small footprint host systems and sealed designs with limited to no airflow to mitigate excessive performance throttling. This condition is common in many standard off-the-shelf type solutions in the market.
- Industrial grade pSLC: up to 10x higher endurance than standard 3D TLC
- Unparalleled SWaP (size, weight, and power) optimization IP, delivering high throughput per watt with the most stable/steady performance M.2 2242 (42mm) and M.2 2280 (80mm) formats
- Capacities for pSLC NVMe SSDs: 8 to 640GB+
- Industrial temperature: -40ºC to 85ºC, shock and vibration support
- Integrated power-loss protection to protect drive integrity in the event of an unexpected power loss; options also available for protecting in-flight data
- Up to 10-year product availability; suitable for long term product deployments, providing high ROI and lowest cost-of-ownership.
StorFly XE class M.2 NVMe SSDs are sampling.